What kind of “designer” are you? Are you the type that has one tried-and-true approach that you apply repeatedly because you know it “works?” Or, are you the type of person who wants to understand your target audience and the context in which they are receiving and responding to you work? If that’s you, we’d like to hear from you.
We’re a rapidly-but-sustainably growing agency that seeks another designer to add to our collaborative, friendly team. We hope you’ll have a passion for precision but an understanding of timeliness and a sense of urgency. We’re seeking applicants who looking for careers not “jobs.” Most importantly, we’re seeking the right person who understands that feedback yields growth and has the same desire to do the best you can do each and every time. At Wavelength, we never “phone it in” or give up out of frustration. We push harder for work that resonates with the target audience, integrates with the overall brand story, and accomplishes core goals.
This is a multi-faceted position that requires error free work, built to agency specifications and guidelines, for both print and digital design work.
The right person for this job is someone who:
- Has a passion for design (print and digital)
- Enjoys learning about new technologies
- Understands the value of typography, photography and illustration to communicate
- Actually knows what branding is and how it can be applied to even the most “simple” campaign elements
- Values and understands visual integration and visual brand consistency
- Works well in a creative team environment
- Can flex with client feedback and input
- Believes they can always make it better!
This person incorporates input from the client, Account Executive, Creative Director, and Copywriter and all relevant project scope data to create designs that meet the project, strategic and client goals and strategic messaging. Relevant Creative.
This person works with the Account Executive, Creative Director, and Copywriter and other design team members.
- All print design work including ads, collateral, outdoor, logos, vehicle graphics, displays, etc.
- All digital design including email marketing, web design, digital ads, landing pages, online graphics
- Information graphics to tell complex process stories, illustrate concepts
- Social media graphics and videos
MUST be able to:
- Build accurate and error free projects (no typos, correct file structures and proper content management, proper color space and pixel resolution)
- Communicate with other team members for concepts and direction
- Have a thorough knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design (always looking to improve program use and knowledge and share ideas with team, know the correct way to build files)
- Word and Excel
- Must understand typography and type rules, kerning and leading
- Build and manage files according to agency standards
- Manage multiple projects during the course of each day
- Meet deadlines and delivery work to the appropriate team member(s)
- Learn new and add additional skills to your skill set
- Willing to work until the work is done
- Be able to prep final files in the appropriate DPI, color space and file formats
Proactive, eager, strategic, detail oriented, willing to measure, hard working, collaborative, invested, trainable, willing to see it through
Minimum Requirements: 2 to 3 years in a graphic design position. Agency experience preferred.