Should I be marketing right now? Is it okay to promote manufacturer rebates and special offers? Do my customers even know that I’m open?
As an HVAC business, you probably have more questions than answers right now, and you’re not alone when it comes to struggling with all of this uncertainty. One thing that is certain? In order to survive this, you need revenue, and to get revenue you’ll need customers in the queue and ready when the economy restarts.
Marketing may be low on your list of priorities because you feel like you can’t afford the cost while business is down, but with a small investment in a simple marketing tactic, you can start working today to get your business back on track tomorrow.
Reawaken your dormant customers.
It’s six times more expensive to market to and win new customers than it is to market to existing customers. What about customers that you haven’t worked with in three or four years? How much value is in your dormant customer database?
Right now, a lot.
Consumers may be hunkered down and watching their budgets closely, but while they’re spending all of this time at home, they are also passing the time with home improvement projects. These projects include evaluating the performance of their mechanical systems and making plans for preventive maintenance, repairs, and replacements. Customers who chose you once for these services may be willing to do so again if the timing and the message are right. With a little marketing to former customers and a thoughtful, well-crafted message, you can rebuild relationships by demonstrating your value now when times are tough.
Take this simple step.
Write an email to your dormant clients who’ve been inactive for three or more years. Create a special offer specifically for this audience. Send.
Not sure what to say? Unsure of the right offer? Wavelength can help.
- Write your dormant customer email.
- Customize your special offer with language that speaks to current needs and conditions.
- Design the email and provide it to you for review and approval.
- Tailor the call to action to meet your needs and available resources. If you have a landing page or your offers are on your website, great, you’re good to go. If not, we can set up the email to be call-only.
- Send the email on your behalf if you provide us with your database for one-time use.
- Provide a detailed report of who clicked on what and when, who opted out, who bounced, and who opened the email.
- Guarantee a one-week turnaround.
- Deliver the entire email package for $650.
If you decide to continue working with us, great! If not, we will scrub your database from our files, provide your results, and thank you for trusting in our services.
Have questions? Ready to get started?
Call Wavelength at 717-823-6939 and ask for Gary Peterson.