MANTEC, a manufacturing service provider serving South Central Pennsylvania, will host “Solving the Labor Crisis: Attracting the Right People, Hiring for Culture, Training for Competence,” a webinar presented by Jennifer Simpson, Wavelength president, on Thursday, July 15, 2021 from 11:00 a.m. to noon.
Manufacturers are struggling to hire skilled labor to fill positions; meanwhile, millions of Americans who lost their jobs during the pandemic are trying to find their place once again in the workforce. Manufacturing has a critical need that the American workforce can fill, but we need to recalibrate the way we think about hiring and training.
In this webinar, we’ll explore how to profile your target candidate, how to develop messaging and strategies that speak to those target candidates, how to fix issues that may be turning candidates off (like bad online reviews), and how to overcome specific challenges like cumbersome application processes that are required by corporate parents. We’ll also talk about how shifting from hiring for skills to hiring for culture can help you attract a larger pool of job candidates who have all the right qualities for the job and the right cultural fit to stay.
Specific topics for discussion include:
- Identifying what makes you a top employer from a branding and recruitment perspective
- Profiling your top candidate based on your top employees or aspirations
- Finding those candidates even if you have to get creative
- Using a variety of strategies to get the word out and get the applications in
- Tracking your efforts for high ROI
- Improving job descriptions to attract better candidates
- Simplifying the application process
- Training for the positions you need to fill
- Hiring candidates who stay
Presented by Jennifer Simpson, Wavelength President
About the Presenter
Jennifer Simpson is a performance-driven marketing strategist with 20+ years of experience developing results-driven, integrated marketing and recruitment programs for B2B and B2C organizations. Jennifer has a proven ability to craft strategies that create measurable financial results that are directly attributable to marketing initiatives. Her marketing specialties include strategic planning, employee recruitment, and lead generation strategies.